Saturday, September 26, 2015

Finest LifeStyles (Cleph)

My name is Muhammad Rashid better know as " CLEPH". Born on May 7, 
1983 in La Guardia hospital in Queens New York. I was raised in Fort 
Greene Brooklyn for most of my life. My parents separated when I was 
very young. When they split it was just my single mother, 3 sisters and 
my older brother. With my father gone I didn't have much of a " 
male-role model" in my life. I was the second oldest of the house which 
left me with most of the responsibilities being that my brother was out 
doing his own thing on the streets. I was mostly homeward bound for 
most of my childhood, because my mother saw the path my brother was 
leading and did not want me to follow suit.
....
Living in Brooklyn was no walk in the park, I needed to turn to 
something that Fort Greene had not offered at the time. My savior from 
the streets was music. Day after day I listened to the radio listening 
to my favorite artists.  I was very unknowledgeable about the great 
gift I had and insisted on sounding like or mimicking the artists on 
the radio. After a while I realized that I had a gift and with much 
practice I revealed to myself and others that I can sing. When I began 
singing, DRU HILL was my biggest inspiration that I admired most. There 
popular song "WERE NOT MAKING LOVE"  quickly persuaded me that this is 
the dream I wanted to chase.
....
I wrote my first song when I was in high school called " Take it 
Slow", shortly after that I collaborated my own R&B group " 
DISTINCTION". This group consisted of me and some of my closest 
friends. Our dreams were high for this song and preformed at any venue 
that gave us a chance to sing. After a while things went south with the 
group and we decided to put an end to " DISTINCTION", for reasons that 
would have altered the success of the group. After much thought and 
consideration I decided to become my own voice and become "CLEPH" the 
soloist.
....
The name "CLEPH" is from a tattoo I have. I named myself after it 
because a treble clef is the begging of any musical piece, and I 
believe I' am the beginning to a bright future in music. As far as the 
spelling goes, I choose C-L-E-P-H as the spelling because I try being 
as creative and original as possible and I thought It would be a nice 
twist to the spelling. Out of all the artist that are successful today 
I can most relate with  NE-YO because he incurred and lived almost the 
same situations I have prevailed through and he is following his dream 
just like I' am I hope to be as great as him one day.
....
Over the years I have written about 50 songs and some feature a lot of 
underground talent as well. I have worked with many underground labels 
such as, "Next level", "S-original, and "THE COMPOSERS" In a nut shell I 
want my music to send a message out to others that have never been sent 
before. Song writing and singing have become my life, and without it I 
don't know what or where I would be today. First and foremost I want to 
thank god for givening me such a skill I had no Idea I had before. I 
want to be remember for years to come as the man that changed the face 
of music. For now I'll take it one song at a time

www.soundcloud.com/r-b-cleph 

www.facebook.com/rnb.cleph

Twitter @rnbcleph

IG : @cleph_

www.soundclick.com/cleph

No comments:

Post a Comment